Friday, April 16, 2010

The Beginning of my Journey

I've been heavy most of my life. Most of my family has a history of obesity and obesity related health problems. Recently I weighed in at 247 pounds. The highest weight I have ever been in my entire life (Including my pregnancies). It was a huge shocker when my doctor mentioned I might have developed diabetes. I was confused, scared, and angry at myself for letting this happen. After I stepped back and looked at the situation and talked to my doctor I've finally come to accept that it might just be genetics. I attend our local Gold's Gym on a regular basis and eat healthy on a usual basis (of course, I do eat bad things or out too sometimes).

My doctor put in a referral for Weight Loss Surgery on April 15th, 2010 and this is where I start my Journey.

Here are my Stats:

HW: 247.0 lbs
CW:242.7 lbs
GW: 130 lbs

I'm a 21 year old mother of two. A 4 ½ year old boy, and an almost 2 year old girl. I am also a 5 year and counting wife to the most amazing man in the world. He's a U.S. Soldier in the United States Army.

I want to be healthy for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment