Wednesday, August 4, 2010

8 days post op.

It's been 8 days since I had surgery and honestly, besides the incisions on my stomach I feel great. (They're just a little tender) I went back to doing normal routine on Monday. (Minus the gym of course, blah)

The first few days were a bit rough in the food department. I wasn't hungry, but I did crave foods simply because I couldn't have them. When I would make dinner for the family and have to turn around and pop in some chicken broth it was really disappointing. I want to say that really started to go away when I was able to start drinking cream coups.

I'm not usually hungry but I try to keep hydrated with drinks.

My mina things are

water
v-8
cream soup

Though sometimes I have crystal light, popsicles, jello & broth.

My start weight was 250, went into surgery at 237 and I am currently 228. 29 pounds until Onderland!

I attempted coffee yesterday and it wasn't bad. Quite enjoyable. :)

Here is a link to what my stomach looked like 3 days post-op. (Don't really want to post it, just look it you want to, lol.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae246/grrlnade/3dayspostopx.jpg

The bruises under the belly button are from blood thinner shots. I have 6 incisions total.

In all reality I think I had a text book perfect surgery. I am so very fortunate. I go to see the doctor on the 11th for my 2 week check up.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on it going to smooth! Great weight loss & only 29 until that awesome goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's now only 23 pounds until <3 <3 <3.

    ReplyDelete