Tuesday, June 8, 2010

At the S&W seminar

I attended the Scott & White Bariatric Seminar this evening. I'm a bit dissapointed to say at the least.

On the phone I was told I would most like have the surgery at the end of the month or the first week of July. After the seminar the staff told me there already booked up until mid August.

Also, he went over all of the types again. Lap-band, sleeve, bypass and I'm leaning more towards the sleeve or bypass now.

The lap-band is ideal except for the lifelong doctor visits.

I'm going to call the surgery clinic on post tomorrow and see what the wait times are for the sleeve and bypass.

I'd like the sleeve since it's only cutting the majority of my stomach. We'll see. Lots more research to do.

*sigh* I had high hopes of having it done before my daughter's 2nd Birthday.

I feel like I'm back at step 1.



Amanda
-- Post From My iPhone

Location:Killeen Civic Center

No comments:

Post a Comment