Friday, June 25, 2010

Hopefully my last consult

I drove to Round Rock yesterday for my consult with Dr.Bruce. She seems nice, I need to make a note to check her reviews over on lapbandtalk.com.

My appointment was at 330pm so I left my House around 100pm.

I got there with about 30 minutes to spare so I could do all of the paperwork. My best friend came along for the ride.

I was pretty nervous about the visit since I was told over the phone tricare might decline my surgery.

After I spoke with the doctor I felt a bit better. Se said medically I have some advantages to be approved. Never thought I'd like hearing that one lol.

We decided on the Gastric bypass. I think the lap-band might be too much in the additional appointments and how you can cheat easily on it.

After reviewing my medical history and asking me several questions like,
"does your lower back hurt?"
"do you get out of breath easily?
"how many flights of stairs can you climb before you're breathing hard"
"do you snore"
"do you have this this or this" lol.

Some I answered yes to , some no. After speaking with her she said I shouldn't have too hard of a time getting tricare to approve it.

I have to see a dietitian again, which will cost me &100.00. But other than that everything should be covered.

She told me to give the paperwork waiting game 2 weeks. I should have a phone call by then with an approval or denial. After the dietitian appointment I'll start my 2 week liquid diet.

I'm crossing my fingers for this one!
Amanda
-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment