Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A little sad.

I got an e-mail from an Army recruiter late last night...

Amanda,

Thank you for your interest in the United States Army.

I regret to inform you that the surgery you had does disqualify you from
enlistment.

If you have further questions please ask me.

Respectfully,

J***** M. K****, contractor
Cyber Recruiter
U.S. Army Recruiting Command
MPRI
******@usarec.army.mil

A bit disappointing since I really wanted to join the Army. (Part of the reason I decided to get this surgery, but alas, it makes me not eligible. I took a step back and reconsidered having the surgery, but really? If I haven't been able to lose the weight on my own yet, what makes me think I can do it now?

I'm just going to have to think of something else with my life. I really need to be healthy first.

No comments:

Post a Comment