Saturday, May 15, 2010

Set back...

I took my mental evaluation to the hospital's General Surgery clinic yesterday afternoon to be put on the waiting list my final step before my pre-op diet) and got some good and bad news.

Good news , I'm number 10 on the lap-band list. The bad news.. all of the surgeons that do the lap-band are deploying until September. So I'm either at a stand still until September when they start taking patients again, or I can try my luck off post.

So I asked if I could be referred off post to Scott & White in Temple, Texas. They will put the referral in on monday, but there is no guarantee that I will be approved or denied since they use different standards. (Height and weight & co morbidity) vs. BMI & co mobility. Pretty much after the referral is submitted I wait 2 weeks. If i do not get a call from them, I call Tricare and see what's the hold up. If' I'm approved I go along with that, and I'm not sure if i have to start over what I've done.

If I'm declined, I'm still on the waiting list for September. So here we go..


No comments:

Post a Comment