Monday, May 24, 2010

Referral problems

I’m a bit disappointed. I’ve been waiting on the referral for an off post doctor to come in and I finally made a few more phone calls because it’s taken way longer then they say it would. Needless to say, the referral never made it to the referral center to be dispatched out to the insurance company.

Thanks to some nice ladies on the phone I was able to get another referral submitted and calling the referral center back right afterwards, I was able to get it submitted to the insurance today. While on the phone the lady told me I did not quality according to the standards they use for off post. I was 5 pounds under the cut off. Funny enough I weigh 5 pounds more than I do during the initial weight check. I asked if I could go back in and be weighed again and have the referral resubmitted. After a little hesitation she told me it was only a couple of pounds and submitted it for me anyhow. Let’s hope Tricare doesn’t still try to deny it.

I’m going to call Tricare tomorrow and see if they can speed up my referral since I’d be on the phone with them.

A friend of mine just got the lap-band last week and I am feeling very sad that I’m still waiting. I’m also a little jealous. (Stupid, I know.) She’s already beginning her journey, and I’m still just sitting on the sidelines waiting.

Have I mentioned I loved my gym? Gold’s Gym has been a great investment for me. I’m not using it as much as I should be right now because I’m a little fearful that if I lose to much weight I’ll be declined .I keep telling myself, if I lose enough to be declined maybe I just don’t even need the WLS then. Then I think about it, and I know it isn’t true because I’ve been TRYING to lose it on my own, I just need a little help to get it started. I think the lap-band will be good because it will be like a coach, and a helpful reminder not to overdo it.

Once I have the surgery I plan on jumping right back into the gym hardcore. I will not have any reason not to. I love going, and seeing the results will keep me going. I am so excited for the changes that will be coming this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment