Sunday, July 11, 2010

All systems go

My surgery was scheduled when I went to my pre-op appointment. July 22nd @ 12:00pm. Whoa! I'm on the pre-op diet, started it on Friday.

It's a low carb/high protein diet. >30g carbs a day, 70g+ protein a day.

I didn't thin it would be this hard. I think what's depressing about it is realizing how much my life revolved around food in the first place. It makes me happier to know that this is going to help me, but it's depressing at the same time.

It's hard to explain how you really feel just typing, so don't feel bad if you don't understand.

I started at 247 and weighed in at 241 today. I messed up a little bit today and I'm hoping to fall back into good habits tomorrow.

I need to go and pick up all of my vitamins before my surgery so I planned to make a trip to GNC or the Post Exchange later this week.

My husband has been very supportive, even doing the diet with me, with a little alteration. (he's lost 4 lbs already)

I'm a little sad that I'm not getting support from some people I thought I would. It doesn't matter though I know why I'm doing this, even if they can't understand it. I'm doing it to be a healthier me, not for them.


I'll try to update a few more times before my surgery and I'll probably update while I'm in the hospital since I'll be there for 2 days.
Amanda
-- Post From My iPhone

Location:Bed

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard it is to describe the feeling :) I am hoping surgery is around the corner for me . . . congrats!

    ReplyDelete